Sunday 17 April 2011

PROJECT 1: Toyota S800

Well, this is my first car. Toyota S800, a car made by Toyota in the 1960s. My dad bought it 20 odd years ago and now he has given it to me and registered the car under my name :) the car is beautiful car and was the first sports car Toyota has built. Toyota produced only a handful of them during that time and well, finding parts for this car is the hardest part. Me and my dad are still keeping it in good condition and the parts we have to get for this car is just costing us alot of $! we get the original parts from some guy in the U.S. I still remember when my dad had the car and when i was probably 5 or 6 years old, he used to take me around the neighborhood on it. surprisingly, these are some of the cherished memories i some how could remember after all these years :P



At one point of time, we lost the registration card so that meant that we couldnt renew the rotax and insurance. after a long time of searching, we finally found the first owner of the car and went to visit him in setapak, thankfully he was still alive. after visiting him 4 times,  he finally made the decision to help us transfer the name to mine. with the help from our JPJ runners, we managed to transfer the name really fast and got through the puspakom inspection in half a day. So now, thanks to my uncle who started this classic car club, we take the car on road trips on sundays most of the time. thats all for now, more photos to come! :)


3 comments:

  1. You need to post better photos of this great car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, thats why we bought the new camera. just dont have the time to take pictures yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, is the car on the road now? i love to see this lagen..

    ReplyDelete