Sunday 23 October 2011

Wolf in sheep's clothing!

Well I got the Toyota Corolla Ke-35 Hardtop out of the workshop and paint shop a few days ago and I must say the painter did an excellent job on catching the colours that I wanted. The workshop boys did a fantastic job of putting the 4A-GE engine in the car.

Basically the car now is having a Toyota Corolla Ke35 Hardtop body but below it is a 4A-GE Levin. The colour scheme, I just tried to follow as close I could to the original Toyota Corolla KE35 Hardtop Yellow colour scheme, was hard choosing the yellow. There were so many shades of yellow to choose from, in the end this yellow shade was what we decided on. I added the two black stripes to help make the car stand out more because I felt that just the yellow body doesn't give it the wow from a distance, but when I pass by kids, they call the car bumblebee, haha. 

For now the 4A-GE engine, the only addition i could do is the K&N air filter. The budget is getting tighter and tighter as the project slowly reaches it finishing. The stock engine in this body still packs a punch due to the power weight ratio. But now the big problem is sorting out the handling, there's a lot of body roll in this car plus need to fins some old skool 13inch wheels. These 15s just doesn't suit a car from this era. Plus I need to do some work on the interior, maybe some semi-bucket seats in there and re-do the steering wheel's fabric. 

BEFORE:                                                                     AFTER:










A little info about the Toyota 4A-GE engine that I got:

Used in:


-Toyota MR2 AW11(MR)
-Corolla AE86 GT-S(RWD),
-Corolla AE82 FX-16(FWD),
-Corolla AE92 GT-S(FWD)



FIRST/SECOND GENERATION(83-89): 


Valvetrain : DOHC 16Valve (TVIS)
Fuel System : MPFI (Multi Point Fuel Injection)
Displacement : 1587cc (straight 4)
Compression Ratio : 9.4:1
Bore : 81mm
Stroke : 77mm
Power : 130HP@6600rpm(Japan, MAP sensor)
Torque : 131Nm@4800rpm





*After the paint job, I have spent approximately RM27000, including buying the car, the insurance, and road tax.  

No comments:

Post a Comment